From the Vector-Borne Viruses Symposium in Hamilton, Montana, Dickson and Vincent speak with Diane Griffin about her career and her work on understanding viral infections of the central nervous system.
Guest: Diane Griffin
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Vector-Borne Viruses Symposium
- Diane Griffin
- Adoptive immunization of immunosuppressed mice infected with Sindbis virus
- Role of the immune response in age-dependent resistance of mice to encephalitis due to Sindbis virus
- Antibody-mediated clearance of alphavirus infection from neurons
- Persistence of viral RNA in mouse brains after recovery from acute alphavirus encephalitis
- Conversion of lytic to persistent alphavirus infection by the bcl-2 cellular oncogene
- Bc1-2 protects mice against fatal alphavirus encephalitis
This episode is brought to you by Blue Apron. Blue Apron is the #1 fresh ingredient and recipe delivery service in the country. See what’s on the menu this week and get 3 meals free with your first purchase – WITH FREE SHIPPING – by going to blueapron.com/twiv.
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Go to Source
Author: Vincent Racaniello
This Week in Virology – MP3 Edition – http://twiv.microbeworld.libsynpro.com/twiv
Powered by WPeMatico