Sharon and Scott return to TWiV for a Zika virus update, including their work on viral evolution and spread, and whether pre-existing immunity to dengue virus enhances pathogenesis.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Hurricane Zika (TWiV 410)
- 454 Corporation (Wikipedia)
- Regional Zika update, Americas (PAHO, WHO)
- Zika virus serum bank (pdf)
- Zika virus evolution and spread in the Americas (Nature)
- Multiple introductions of Zika virus in US (Nature)
- Inhibition of Zika Virus Replication by Wolbachia (J Virol)
- Zika virus pathogenesis in rhesus macaques unaffected by immunity to dengue virus (Nat Commun)
- Impact of flavivirus immunity on Zika virus infection in rhesus macaques (PLoS Path)
- Enhancement of Zika virus pathogenesis by antiflavivirus immunity (Science)
- No ADE by dengue antibodies in Zika virus patients (Clin Inf Dis)
- Oropharyngeal mucosal transmission of Zika virus in rhesus macaques (Nat Commun)
- Letters read on TWiV 454
Weekly Science Picks
Dickson – Industrial Scars Kathy – Eclipse info by zipcode Sharon – Michaela’s article in The Conversation Scott – Signal P, Pecaan, Phamerator, DNAmasterAlan – The Eagle Whisperer” (and the Great Big Story channel) Vincent – Bottle
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com
Go to Source
Author: Vincent Racaniello
This Week in Virology – MP3 Edition – http://twiv.microbeworld.libsynpro.com/twiv
Powered by WPeMatico